CT Scan Abdomen/Pelvis PREP:
- For most CT scans of the Abdomen and Pelvis you will be required to drink oral contrast (Redicat). This can be refrigerated to make it more palatable. Redicat can be picked up at our offices prior to your exam date. Note, if you are unable to pick-up the oral contrast prior to your appointment date, you may arrive in our office approximately 1 to 1 ½ hours prior to you appointment time, and we will have you drink here.
- Take all of your necessary medications as scheduled.
- If you have a morning appointment, you will drink half of the bottle at Bedtime (approximately 9 PM) and the other half 2 hours prior to your appointment time.
- If your appointment is 3 PM or later, you will drink half the bottle at 7 AM, and the other half 2 hours prior to your appointment.
- Do not eat or drink (except water) for four hours prior to your appointment.
- If you are a diabetic, please advise our office when scheduling.
General Notes :
- All CT & MRI patients should wear comfortable clothing.