Preparation and length of a VCT procedure are similar to a regular CT procedure and are dependent on the type of scan your doctor ordered.
- Please arrive one half hour before your scheduled exam.
- Do not eat or drink anything except water for 4-6 hours before your exam because it could interfere with the results; do not even chew gum.
- If you take medications, drink only enough plain water to swallow them.
- If you have been advised not to take your medications on an empty stomach, eat nothing more than a few soda crackers within 4-6 hours of your exam.
- If you are diabetic, let us know ahead of time so we can work with your physician to determine the safest possible way for you to prepare for your exam.
- If you feel feverish, please call this to our attention.
- In addition, please let us know if you might be pregnant or are currently breast feeding.
- You should allow 2 to 3 hours for the entire visit.